Pagan Jackson
Pagan Jackson asked Tam Francis:

Have you ever had a "paranormal" experience? If so, did any of that experience show up in your stories?

Tam Francis Ah, yes, actually. When my husband first joined the Navy and we were stationed in San Diego, CA, we rented a cute old apartment built in 1926. My husband worked the night shift for a while and one night when I turned off the light and went to bed, I was close to falling asleep when I felt him sit on the bed and lay down. I reached out to touch him, but he wasn't there. Plus, it would have been much too early for him to be home. I brushed it off as the weirdness that happens when you're half asleep and half in dreamland.

So I laid down to go to sleep again. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I felt the same sensation of someone sitting, then stretching out on the bed, then the pillow beside my head shifted with what felt like the weight of another person.

I jumped up and turned on all the lights in the apartment. I called my husband at work and told him the story. I sat up in the living room all night, reading until he came home.

There were other similar strange incidents, but the part of the unexplained sensation of someone who wasn't there in my bed next to me is in the eleventh story, Zelda, in the book.