Tristan
Tristan asked Stephanie Kusiak:

Hi! Just wondering, Blake was a physician so there are several medical scenes in Loved and Lost (especially the ER, office and that nice inguinal ligament anatomy lesson :). Anyway, it was written in a way that made me think you had a medical background rather than just being a good researcher. Did I guess right? Also would you consider writing medical romance/fiction?

Stephanie Kusiak Hi Tristan,

Yes, you guessed right! :) I do quite a bit of research, but before writing I did work in the medical field which gave me a nice foundation for Blake's work life and personal life. Specifically, I worked as an EMT on an ambulance and did rotations in an ER. For a hot minute I thought about going back to get an advanced degree and becoming a paramedic, but that would have lead me down the path to becoming a firefighter, and though I could have done it...I didn't have the will to run miles upon miles a day or up and down flights of stairs. (I'll save that for the zombie apocapypse. lol)

In a similar vein, I've had experiences where I became very emotionally attached to my patients and I've often toyed with the idea of a romance evolving out of a hospital stay. I'm sure it happens in reality...so why not in fiction. My background in ER work as well as knowing many firefighters lends to something along those lines.

I could see someone falling in love with a beautiful heroic firefighter who is injured...and the firefighter falling in love back after being taken care of. ;) ((I might have thought about it a little and might have an outline and characters drafted already...maybe...))