Susan St. James

To answer questions about The Silent Patient, please sign up.
Csilla ....
i don't see if I marked it, so: SPOILERS
...
Yep, two different timelines. actually there were some signs... I kinda found it funny how he has time to go interviewing all those people, connected to Alicia - and follow around and obsess about his wife. I was really impressed how he managed to keep his private and professional life apart, being so very involved in both. lol.
The other thing was the weather. Alicia was always complaining about the heat in her diary (summer) - in Theo's timeline with Alicia, it was cold, rainy, almost snowing. Meanwhile, Theo's wife had sex in the woods. I thought, wow they really wanna have sex, doing it outdoors, in the cold, they will get all muddy... can't they get a room or something? makes more sense in the hot summer days, leading up to the murder.
For a while, before the realization came, about the double timeline for Theo, I feared we are gonna fall into the rabbit hole of time bending or whatnot. Theo stalking someone... the way Alicia was stalked... It was well done.
Christopher Maselli
Eva
Caitlyn
Image for The Silent Patient
by Alex Michaelides (Goodreads Author)