Ruairi Berryman

I'm very interested in reading this book, but I'm wondering if it provides an unbiased approach to journalism and the media, looking at the failings of both the left and right? From reading the comments, the book seems heavily right leaning. I'm not American so don't have any particular affiliation for either party. I just want a balanced book. If it is biased, would anyone be able to recommend an unbiased book?

To answer questions about Unfreedom of the Press, please sign up.
Gerri Halfway through this book and find it extremely interesting, educational and not terribly biased. Think it's pretty much middle of the road. I have no party affiliation and so far nothing has offended me
Nila Novotny It's very biased. Don't bother. It's a waste of your time.
Nathan J I found it quite biased in favor of the political right after Chapter 1. If you do read it pay close attention to his rhetoric and argument structure when he discusses either side of the political spectrum. For context the author has his own show on FoxNews (Life, Liberty & Levin) which is America's right-most-leaning major news television station. If you want something more objective on the role of the media in the United States I'd recommend either Manufacturing Consent or Merchants of Doubt. Basically anyone who presumes to paint it as the fault/corruption of either the left or the right is not telling the real story which, in my opinion, is unfortunately what Levin is selling in this book.
Image for Unfreedom of the Press