Veenajuneja
Veenajuneja asked:

is it a thriller?

To answer questions about 14, please sign up.
Mitchell Knoop Kind of, I would not recommend it though.
Tom Potter 14 defies classification in any specific genre. There is certainly a mystery, but it's not a typical "bodies keep piling up until they find the killer" story. But in terms of discovering clues sequentially to get to the truth, it does have a bit of a thriller quality. I recommend it. It's a fast read, and about two-thirds of the way through you'll get enough of an inkling of the direction it's going to decide if you want to put it down.
TomS More of a sci fi mystery. Some people have complained about it being slow...I guess if you aren't into mysteries that don't involve people getting shot/beat up, etc, it might seem slow. I found the writing excellent and dialog and character interaction some of the best I've ever read. I did listen to the book and the narrator was phenomenal (Ray Porter), which probably buoyed it in my mind. I've reread it like three times just because I appreciate the dialog so much.
Katy Washburn It's not your typical thriller, but it sure is riveting! Clines does a great job at keeping this underlying feeling of suspense all the way through the book, even when nothing particularly scary has happened
Kevin Cope Personally I thought it was the best mystery book i've ever come across. Every time you learn something new about the mysterious place you find 2 new questions that keep you guessing right until the end. And it has one hell of an answer for the mysteries.

It is not really scary, it is not really a thriller. It is a solid possibly kind of supernatural mystery.
Layla Yes and no, some ppl die, but of no fault of the main character.
Image for 14
14
by Peter Clines (Goodreads Author)