Ami
Ami asked:

Does anyone has good explanation why Merricat behaves like a child? She is supposed to be eighteen, but she thinks, behaves and understand the world as a 12 years old girl top. I didn't find any rationalization of this behavior. Any idea why?

Wren I think Merricat is likely mentally unstable. I've done a little research, and I think she probably has psychosis or some other mental disorder.
Rebecca
Alise I think that is due to the isolation. Most of our learned behavior is due to interacting with others and learning what is acceptable. She is not in school obviously and her only contact is with her uncle (who is not lucid for much of the book) and her sister (who indulges her childlike behavior). She has no other example of what is age appropriate and she has no exposure to anything but what she already is.
Denise Cameron Because she is traumatized, I think.
Image for We Have Always Lived in the Castle