Andronico
Andronico asked:

Karsa? Anyone liking this character

To answer questions about House of Chains, please sign up.
Paul You need to read the entire book to appreciate him... At one point he was annoying me to no end lol but the wrap up made him a satisfying character to me...
Jonathan Yes, badass.

Also, he's a complete deconstruction of Conan.
Joel The most awesome character in the series according to me. Way better than Ganoes Paran, Adjunct Tavore and comes close to Whiskeyjack and Fiddler. Especially in the later books of the series. He's got this complete view of the world in black and white, what is right and what is wrong. As I said, best character in the series.
Maria Parisi Yes, the only character I've grown to care about in the series so far.
Dev Null No. He's an unrelenting arsehole from the start of the book to the finish. He's got all the development of a Street Fighter II character. He rapes entire villages and murders what he considers to be children just to try to beat his grandfather's high score. He's scum.

Which wouldn't be so bad, except that Erikson takes 250 pages to tell us that, and then doesn't really develop him at all. I'm assuming he'll be back later in the series, maybe he'll actually go somewhere then.
Yousef Al-Abed The only reason i gave the book 5 stars was because of this character, he might be my favorite not just in malazan book but in any series.
Marschi On the one hand he seems totally evil and deconstructive. But on the other hand he is from an uncivilised barbaric warrior tribe, just like the Seguleh - which is suiting his role. But it didn't had to be so much details about his (senseless?) killing sprees in the lowlands.
Joanna Not me. He's very annoying!
Rosa Almost quit the entire series because of him
Leslie Kampinda Big fun of mbotf.I have just started reading House of Chains. At first I didn't like him, but there is something to him that is beginning to unveil.
Image for House of Chains
by Steven Erikson (Goodreads Author)