Shree
Shree asked:

Can a person who is not familiar with Greek Mythology enjoy (and understand) this series? I love the Harry Potter series and I also thoroughly enjoyed The Enchanted Forest chronicles and the Twilight series. So I am open to different kinds of fantasy as long as the story is intriguing and written well.

To answer questions about The Lightning Thief, please sign up.
Mandy Yes, it will be easy for you to follow and understand. The author gives a lot of hints as to what is coming, so if you are well-versed in the mythology you can infer and predict what will happen next. However, if you have minimal Greek mythology knowledge, this will be a great introduction into the world! I would suggest if a new type of “creature” is mentioned (ie, a satyr) and you’re not sure what they look like, do a Google Image search to help you visualize.
Image for The Lightning Thief
by Rick Riordan (Goodreads Author)