LB
LB asked:

Can this book be read as a stand alone without knowledge of the previous books in the series?

To answer questions about Love, Honor, and Betray, please sign up.
Tammara You can read it as a stand alone I have read a few out of order. I have always found my self looking for the book before the one i just read. You will most definitely want to read the other books before this one just to see how they got to all this madness. I have read all the ones before this one so I'm playing catch up. The reverend Curtis Black books are a joy to read I have fell in love these books and I look forward to playing catch up.
Cheryl James I am a advocate of reading books in order. I hate to read out of sequence. Just makes since to me. They are written in order for a reason.
LB Thanks so much for your reply. I just noticed that there was a reply here to this question I asked about a year ago. I still have not read this book, so I appreciate your post and thoughts. It looks like many of the other readers on this site gave this book a high rating, and I know that you are probably right that if I enjoy this book, I will most likely want to back track to see what happened before this sequel. I found this book on clearance at my local book store, so I read the back and bought it not aware that it was a sequel to many books before it. Thanks again for taking the time to post.
Image for Love, Honor, and Betray
by Kimberla Lawson Roby (Goodreads Author)