Grace
Grace asked:

I've heard that the book isn't that good (and not nearly as good as the movie). Is this true?

To answer questions about Q & A, please sign up.
Smit Zaveri The book is definitely more engaging and true when compared to the anglicized and over-rated movie. The characters are well fleshed out and it is very well written.
Tara Kappos I liked the book more.
S I think the book is definitely worth the read. True, it is different than the movie. However, just b/c it's different isn't necessarily a bad thing. The premise is essentially the same, but the background stories are mostly different. I thought it was fun learning what the next story would be, since the movie didn't necessarily give them away. It's a quick, easy read... so give it a try and decide for yourself.
Maribeth The book was much better than the movie - more complete, and made more sense.
Marleah I prefer the movie - mainly because the suspense of the main character being interrogated by the police holds throughout the film, as you find out how the character knows the answers on the quiz show. In the book, he is held for only a short time in the beginning of the book and then is released into the custody of a lawyer, at which time he outlines the following chapters.
Image for Q & A