Heather-Lin
Heather-Lin asked:

I just listened to a sample of the audio version, and the narrator sounds like she has a lisp. Or a really bad cold maybe. Is it like this throughout the entire book? And if so, does it enhance the story somehow?

To answer questions about The Future of Another Timeline, please sign up.
Chris S. It is throughout the book (though maybe not as thick), and it's not really used other than to narrate. I found it clearer than other audiobooks I read, especially when driving.

There is a fully arranged song used at one point (not at others when the same song is sung, though) that enhances the story a little IMO, but it's not at all necessary to enjoy it.

Newitz themself also reads the end matter, including a helpful note on what's real and fictional.
Image for The Future of Another Timeline
by Annalee Newitz (Goodreads Author)