Alyssa
Alyssa asked:

I loved this book, and I cannot say I've ever read anything like it. What else is out there in a similar vein?

To answer questions about The Night Circus, please sign up.
Sarah Wingo I've often told people that in a lot of ways this "The Night Circus" is "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell" lite. Which isn't meant as a slight to "The Night Circus" at all, I loved both books and they remind me of each other.
Kayla Shields The Game of Love and Death has a very similar plot, but different setting and there's not as much whimsy or magical elements.
Megan Geek Love, and Circus of the Earth and Air.
Anna Smith I am currently reading this and it kind of reminded me of a YA book I read when I was twelve. The book is the called The Diviners and it's set in the early 1900's in New York, it's based on this main character who has special powers. It's a bit of a love story and is quite scary (more creepy though, so don't read it at night, I found that out the hard way. It's about this spirit that comes out and starts killing people and this girl (Evie) has to start using her power to try and catch the killer.
Shivendra You are right. The sheer imagery and the subtle references to the smallest of details are something that simply mesmerized me. This is the first time I was so enchanted by the beauty of the prose of a book set in ostensibly modern times. Only a few books by Janny Wurts approach the lyricism of the fantastic description given in this book and they are all high Fantasy books, epic in scale.
Image for The Night Circus
by Erin Morgenstern (Goodreads Author)