Patricia Lawler

Finding Gone Girl hard to get into, is it worth it?

To answer questions about Gone Girl, please sign up.
Leslie How far are you? (Once I read the line, "that was the fifth lie i told the police", i was hooked.)

Personally, i thought it was worth it. I liked it and found it hard to put down (and I think I'm a picky and slow reader), but I read it rather quickly, just because I was so anxious to find out what happened.

It's along the lines of Fatal Attraction in that thriller-type sense (not the story, just the genre).
Xiomara Depends what you like to read.
Catherine Davison Short answer, after ploughing through this book til the end I wish now I had followed my initial instinct and put it aside earlier....it's a waste of time. Don't bother, sounded like a great idea for a gripping story but by the end I couldn't care less about either of the protagonists.
Brooke Barone I had an extremely hard time getting in to it. I don't like to "give up" on books. I stuck it out and it surprised me and I had to see how it ended. Don't give up on it, especially if you are planing on seeing the movie there might be background in the book that's not in the movie.
Image for Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn (Goodreads Author)