Angie Boyter
Angie Boyter asked:

SPOILER: Did we ever find out why Quill had this semi-secret carrel in a library he normally would not use? I can understand the clandestine activities, but why the expensive computer?

To answer questions about Bloody Genius, please sign up.
Alasandra Alawine No, we really didn't and why would he be leaving his computer there. He had obviously taken it home with him at some point so why would the killer assume it would be left there. A lot of this novel didn't make sense. I assume the carrel in the library was for his hook ups, but ... he was a grown man with plenty of money one would have thought he could have found a more comfortable and private place.
Angie Boyter I know when he buys things he buys the best, but my impression was he got this carrel to have illicit sex, so why put a computer there at all? He kept its existence secret from most of his colleagues, Actually, I thought his assignation site was a pretty weird choice of the sort I would expect of a student, not someone of his age, but he was a weird guy.
Laura Steinert He had the library carrel (which was actually an office not just a desk) because other people wanted it--but he had it so they couldn't get it. We don't actually know why the computer was there--because it doesn't matter to the investigation what Quill did with it. The point is, he worked there just enough to keep anyone else from using the space. A better question was why Sandford called it a carrel.
Lesley Smith Because he liked to buy the best he could afford, and he definitely could afford it.
Strega Quill was one of those people who has to have the best, most expensive thing in everything. Didn't matter if it was golf clubs or a computer.
Image for Bloody Genius