Meredith Wick
Meredith Wick asked:

what are the challenges?

To answer questions about The Next Great Paulie Fink, please sign up.
Tiffany Dickinson The main challenge, as I see it, is Caitlyn's unhappiness due to moving and changing schools between sixth and seventh grade. She and her mother move from a big city to a rural environment with an unusually small school (seventh grade has 10 kids). Other challenges are woven throughout, including bullying, the economic plight of rural schools, and every kid just trying to fit in one way or another. Other themes are touched on as well, including equality for women, social equity and fairness (now and in history). I rated this book as a five-star but my only complaint, actually, is the number of "issues" touched on. It's a bit of overkill for a fun fiction middle-grade novel.
Image for The Next Great Paulie Fink