Black Cat
Black Cat asked:

To answer questions about Swing Time, please sign up.
BabaWaga Hi, I thought the exact same thing. There was a part within the book where the narrator is about to go inside Tracey's flat and meets her father just coming out, and she finds Tracey in her room adjusting her bra-strap or clothing and she's in a tense mood. To me that was indicative there was something very wrong going on...later, after the incident in Camden when the narrator's mother comes to the rescue in her car, she proclaims 'something happened to that girl'.

I really thought that on her death-bed at the hospice the mother would finally disclose what she learnt at the juvenile centre to which Tracey was referred to and that it would be along the lines of sexual abuse. That would have made more sense, as the novel seemed to skirt around these issues but not really resolve anything.
Image for Swing Time