Mugur Neacsu
Mugur Neacsu asked:

Hello. I have just published a small book called "ESCHER step by step in 10 sketches" Anyone can see it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NW82LNG I would really appreciate any feedback. Best regards. Mugur

To answer questions about M.C. Escher: 29 Mater Prints, please sign up.
Juanita Dear Mugur,

I bought your book on amazon and used it for a Math Camp. I truly like the idea but I found some mathematical inaccuracies. Some of the angles that you suggest in the constructions are incorrect. The reason why I know this is because the symmetries of wallpapers are well-known and classified, each design necessarily has to have one out of the 17 possible symmetries. This restricts the angles that can be used in the constructions.

I really liked the book and I would love to use it again either at a workshop or in a classroom setting. I was wondering if you could address the problem with the angles.

Best,
Juanita
Image for M.C. Escher