Wy'Kia
Wy'Kia asked:

Please tell me this isn't like Matched at all. Is it?

To answer questions about Possession, please sign up.
Saige No way, it's ten times better, and has more of a plot and less of a romance. You won't be able to put it down, and you definitely won't want to.
LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( In my opinion, it's a lot like matched. You've got some dystopian setting where the gov't controls everything and matches people up, high-tech gadgets, etc. And also similar beginnings- there's this girl who lives with normal, controlled, "good" people and is matched w/ her best friend and crush, until she meets some guy from the bad region (outer provinces in Matched, Badlands in Possession) and goes all rebel. Honestly, I see this format a lot. But anyways, the differences are that Vi in Possession is already a "Bad girl" and Cassia from Matched is naive and "good," and also Possession features a bunch of psychic-like mind control and people who can control technology using their brains.
Kanan Jarrus This is nothing at all like Matched
SparklingRuby20 I suppose it is like Matched in some ways and different in others. I have read both of them and it never really occurred to me that they were similar. Possession has more action and excitement than Matched. I read Matched almost three years ago, so my memory could be a little fuzzy. As I remember, Cassia seemed like she was really worried about being safe and she seemed more like the type of person to only fight if she had too. Vi on the other hand is more like the type of girl who would choose freedom over safety any day and she is more like the type of girl to challenge you to come at her.
Image for Possession
by Elana Johnson (Goodreads Author)