Hyuna Steward
Hyuna Steward asked:

What did you like about this story? What salient points did you like from this book?

To answer questions about The Lady of the Rivers, please sign up.
Carole Moleti Others have gone into the details about the storyline. I liked it, but the point of view was very shallow, probably because the pace of the story was so fast. She had about twelve babies over the course of the story (I lost count) but not even one of the births was described in any detail as they were in The Other Boleyn Girl. True, the story takes place over a number of years, but Jaquetta never exhibited any deep emotion or reaction to many of the horrific sights and indignities she endured. I'll read the other two books in the series and see how they turn out.
Lucinda I liked the characterizations and the history of the period. I know very little about English history pre-Henry VIII. It was well written and held my interest. I watched the Showtime series The White Queen and wanted to know more. Plan to read her book about The White Queen next.
Image for The Lady of the Rivers
by Philippa Gregory (Goodreads Author)