Judy
Judy asked:

do I need to read the others in the Joona Linna series before I read this one?

To answer questions about The Sandman, please sign up.
Clàudia I actually read this one before reading the others and it wasn't a problem. In fact, I didn't know there were others... Will read them though.
Kathleen Epaminonde Yes, it will help as they are all a continuation. The chapters are short 2-4 pages. A very fast read. I personally could not put them down. They are just so good. So well written. You will seriously enjoy them
Ronald I have only read this one but it was not a problem. It appears among the early chapters there are several "catch-you-up" narratives which quickly bring you to the time of the story. I probably will not read others as my "to read" shelf is loaded, but I sure had fun with this one.
Shubhansh Vatsyayan I read the 5th book, i.e., Stalker first and then picked up this one. These are the only two Lars Kepler books i've read. Didn't have much trouble adding 2+2 for Joona's story. But it would be nice if you start from the beginning to get the continuation.
Sarah Samantha I have read one Joona Linna book before this one and I didn't feel like I missed something. Also, this was a lot better than the other one I read.
Kristin Bennett Suggest you do as the main character develops through time.
Image for The Sandman
by Lars Kepler (Goodreads Author)