Rebecca
Rebecca asked Tracey Ward:

Hi Tracey, I love the style you write in and thoroughly enjoyed the quarantine series. The way you wrote Ali as a mental illness sufferer was brilliant. As someone with a mental illness myself I found it refreshing that it has been tackled in a decent series. I was wondering what made you decide to write about it in your book?

Tracey Ward I'm so glad you liked it! It made me very nervous to write a character with a mental illness, especially one so bold faced and blunt about it. I didn't want people to think I was making light of it or insulting anyone with any specific disease. I honestly felt like Ali was someone real. Someone living with the disease who was determined to not let it rule her entire life. I wanted to make her strong, but vulnerable. Determined and loveable, but flawed. My inspiration came from a friend who was struggling with an illness very similar to Ali's. It was terrifying both for her and her family, but they made it through, they got the help they all needed, and now she's flourishing. She's making the absolute best of the hand she's been dealt and I found her strength and the strength of her family so inspiring.