Goodreads asked Jack Tyler:

What’s the best thing about being a writer?

Jack Tyler The best thing about being a writer in general is that the voices in my head make me rich, not crazy... At least I hope they will someday!

The best thing about being a steampunk writer is that my writing has given me carte blanche access to the most engaging subculture of cosplayers, gadgeteers, artists, gamers, convention-goers, musicians, and a hundred other things that anyone could possibly imagine, for the simple reason that I create their mythology. Not all of it, obviously, but my humble ability to scribble gains me membership in a club whose mandate is to bring to life all the wonderful things that might have been. I'm so glad to have been led to this genre; life is good!