Joan
Joan asked:

Did anyone else find it jarring that Louise Penny changed the name of Rosa the duck's sister from Lilium to Flora? Any idea why she did it?

To answer questions about The Long Way Home, please sign up.
Anita Byler I'm looking for an answer to a question I had from this book so just now see yours- and it's likely quite old. I read the book about 2 years ago; now I'm listening to all the audiobook for all of them. I don't remember noticing when I read the book 2 years ago that the duck's name had changed- but I sure did notice it today when I heard it called Flora! And you're right- it is jarring. Lilium is the genus of the lily family of plants. "Flora" the plants of a particular region, habitat, or geological period. I wonder if there's something in that. Did she forget? Goof? I wonder if we can ask Penny! It seems strange.
Image for The Long Way Home
by Louise Penny (Goodreads Author)