Pat Marcille
Pat Marcille asked:

Why is it a good story?

To answer questions about Paris, please sign up.
Rhonda Gilmour Wow! Every event I remember learning in French history is portrayed in this book. Rutherford ties all these important moments in French history together by interweaving 4-5 French families, whose fates are affected by each other's actions and by these historical turning points. He puts a very human face on history - a ripping good story!
Prytanias I enjoyed this book. Historical events and places, a story of a few families, including the histories/stories of the generations that came after them. This book spanned pretty much the 1300's all the way to the 1950-60's. This was not a historical book, like...I didn't feel like I was in a history class, but a true novel with characters you became enamored with. There were points in the book where a lot of detail was put into something that maybe I didn't want that much detail about, and there were other parts where I felt things I wanted to know more about were raced through, but overall, I don't regret the time spent on this 800+ page book at all! There were days that I craved reading even just a couple of a paragraphs. Would recommend to anyone that loves long books as much as I do.
Bernard Devine It has feel good, soap opera stories while recounting the great historical events in the history of Paris. I love it when you learn history in an enjoyable way. Phillip the Fair, Dreyfuss, St Bartholomew's Day massacre, Eiffel tower.
Ethan I enjoyed this book very much. I haven't read much historical fiction in the last few years and this was a nice step back into the genre. It was interesting to see how the author tied together the different characters and their stories over the hundreds of the years the book encompasses.
Image for Paris
by Edward Rutherfurd (Goodreads Author)