Brandon
Brandon asked Victoria H. Smith:

When movies get made, much of the film gets shortened or altered and left "on the cutting room floor". What ideas or themes were left out of the published version of your Space Between series and do you think these alterations were for the best in the long run? Are there any themes or scenes you wish you could have explored deeper or changed? Any that you wish you would have kept?

Victoria H. Smith Great question! What's crazy about The Space Between was how well it flowed for me. I wrote the first draft in a little over a week. My original plans pretty much stayed consistant throughout but when I was drafting I did originally have Drake meet Lacey at a costume party. He sees her acting on stage in constume and fell for her sight unseen as she wore a mask. I'm not sure why I didn't keep that but it worked out okay I think! As far as things I wished I could have explored I wanted to touch on Drake's adoption more. I wanted to do that so much that The Dividing Line and its novella were born! The Space Between was originally a standalone :)