Kquick
Kquick asked:

For some reason this book does not seem to hold my attention. I had a hard time in the beginning with the language and who was who. Could be because I just read a thriller that kept me on the edge. I don't want to quit it though. What type of book would you classify this as (i know it's not a thriller or romance)?

To answer questions about Someone, please sign up.
Chris Reid I was about to write my review for SOMEONE when I came across your question. My first reaction is that given that you asked this question more than a month ago, I hope you pressed ahead and finished the book, as I would like to think you would have found it well worth your while. I certainly agree that it has a totally different pace than a thriller. I think I had just read WHITE NIGHTS by Ann Cleeves. SOMEONE falls in a rather different category. It is a small jewel of a book, a first rate work of literary fiction, which draws one into the world of Brooklyn between WWI and WWII. Funny, sad. Lifelike. It gives the readers ways to look at people living inside the lives that most of us have and live. And shows how these have meaning and relevance.
Jeanne It didn't hold my attention either but because it was in NY and Irish I related. I liked it but not my favorite.
Stephen Davenport I love and respect this novel. I consider its genre to be literary fiction because it is so well written.
Image for Someone