Peg (Marianna) DeMott

To answer questions about The Lost Wife, please sign up.
Lori Absolutely!

It was one thing for the author to give away the ending in the first chapter (what a great hook to make me want to keep reading so I could find out how their reunion went!) but then the least the author could do was give us a satisfying conclusion!
Sarah Honestly, I rather liked the vague ending, because now the ending I want it to have can take place lol
Nancy I thought the ending was just right. You know after all they've been through that they will have a joyous reunion. No need to state the obvious. And we all can use our imaginations!
Deb I finished the book today and was so let down at the end. I was ready to name this book on of my all time favorites and then....the end. I hated the end.
Sofia Yes, it was my only complaint about the book.
Jeanne Actually, I thought it was perfect.
Margaret Boesch A little. While reading I kept thinking it would be nice if they were recounting their experiences to each other. Would have helped make it more of the love story I had expected.
Julie Slann I was a little let down. In my mind, they "remarried" and spent their remaining years as husband and wife.
Judy Adelman Yes! I had hoped for more about any time they spent together afterward.
Cathy I totally agree. A final chapter about them together at last was what I was hoping for.
Stephen Leibowitz I felt more than let down by the ending. I could not wait to read how they were together after so long.
Crystal Wachoski Yes, I had to imagine their conversation they would have. I didn't like that. I wanted to rate it 4 1/2 instead of 5 because of that reason.
Terrie Robinson
Anaramitra Yes... But I guess we can imagine it now.
Heather yes/no. Yes to hear another chapter about their new start, and no since it gave a quiet reverence to what they both went through and it sort of leaves you with the raw emotion from their WW2 experiences

Lynn
Jennifer Todd Lawrence Yes. I feel the author started with the ending and then forgot about it.
Pat Yes, the romantic in me would have liked the story to continue a little longer just to prolong the pleasure. But, we have imagination also!
Image for The Lost Wife
by Alyson Richman (Goodreads Author)