Mary T
Mary T asked JoAnn Smith Ainsworth:

JoAnn, some of my favorite reads are thrillers. I'm intrigued by your latest novel, Expect Trouble. My question: Did the US military actually hire & work with people who claimed to be clairvoyant?

JoAnn Smith Ainsworth Good to hear from you, Mary. While events within the novel are made up according to the needs of the story, I did take the idea for psychics helping the U.S. to locate Nazi spies and to fend off Nazi occult attacks from Internet research: "FDR kept the existence of The Watch completely secret, even from the American government and military, to avoid the inevitable public backlash in the event that government-sanctioned occult research ever be uncovered...to fund and conduct research into the occult, gradually expanding to all areas of paranormal and psychic investigation...." If you can believe Internet research, the answer to your question is "Yes."