Goodreads asked Anita Claire:

What are you currently working on?

Anita Claire I always have three books I'm working on at the same time. The first draft of a book is painful and ugly. Then I move on to the next book and create a painful and ugly book. Then I move on to the third book and create a painful and ugly book.

After writing a first draft for each of the books I come back to book one. With two books in between I have clear eyes to see the story. I spend a lot of time deleting scenes that don't work. Then I do the same to book 2 and book 3.

Then I go back to book 1 again. Now I look for areas where the story sags and I add in the angst. Then I do the same to book 2 and book 3. Then I go back to book 1 and pop up the dialog... repeat for book 2 and book 3. Finally I add in the sex scenes. I do this last since I want to make sure the sex is paced and not all bunched up.