Figgy
Figgy asked Robert Westbrook:

To someone who has never read any of your books, what would be your suggestion for the best starting point?

Robert Westbrook Hi, Figgy. This is a difficult question for an author -- or at least it is for me. I know that some of the books I enjoyed most to write aren't the ones that a reader might most want to read. So I'm going to hedge my bets and give you two choices. First, fiction -- my new novel, "The Torch Singer" (and you should definitely start with Book One, "An Overnight Sensation.") And non-fiction, the memoir I wrote about my mother and F. Scott Fitzgerald, "Intimate Lies." If you're STILL in the mood for more, I'd suggest going on to my New Mexico mysteries, starting with "Ghost Dancer." I'd love to know what you think. All best, Robert