Goodreads asked Jill H. O’Bones:

Jill H. O’Bones Presently I'm working on the 1st draft of my NaNo 2013 novel, a fantasy with unicorns, centaurs, and fairies. I ended the month of November with 50,029 words, but now the novel is almost to 150,000.
The main idea for the story was inspired by my Grandmother's home in the river valley. I can remember spending hours walking alone in the woods, which were magical, and the horses were unicorns. Other parts of the story came to me in dreams, which I wrote down not knowing what story they belonged to until I started to write it. (Quite a few of my stories either begin as a thought or a dream, or those ideas get added to a story that I didn't even know they belonged to.)