Mikayla
Mikayla asked:

What's your favourite thing about The Snow Child?

To answer questions about The Snow Child, please sign up.
Susan Rouchard the poetry of this book hovering between fairy tale and hard realism.
puppitypup The rekindling of a love gone mute after twenty years of marriage.
Cathy Gabriel I loved the description of winter and of the landscape and how Faina sort of represents Alaska's wilderness. This was even better than a fairy tale to me because it is even more mysterious.
Robin The whole story was haunting from start to finish.
Kathy Simcox Ms. Ivey brilliantly wove all of life's emotions into this story. I also believe that Faina was an angel of sorts, because she was able to make all of Mabel's dreams come true and answered her prayers. Mabel had said something like 'life doesn't always work out the way we planned'. That was true for Jack and Mabel, but they ended up getting everything they had longed for anyway, though the path was quite unconventional.
Ashley
Image for The Snow Child
by Eowyn Ivey (Goodreads Author)