How did everyone read this already when it does not come out for a whole month? I am not understanding....

To answer questions about Leaving Time, please sign up.
Myrtle Siebert I have enrolled with the Afterword Reading Society sponsored by National Post. Each week members across Canada have the opportunity to request a copy of the book to be discussed several weeks on. This is the first I've received of 3 requests. It came free and direct from Random House After reading I answered 7 easy questions, sent them in and will be able to read all the chosen answers next Tuesday. Try it.
Louie Saenz Sometimes, review copies get sent out to people generally reporters, talk show hosts etc. I do a book show on the local NPR station in Texas so, I get many of these books sometimes a month before and sometimes it is not the finished copy just a preview.
Heather I volunteer at my local library and get a hold of advanced copies that way. I find it fun!
Kathy I get mine from either NetGalley or Edelweiss. I purchase books for a large library system. We sometimes have copies sent to us from publishers, but a lot of publishers are going towards electronic advanced reader copies and use the two websites above. Generally, you have to be involved in reviewing or buying in some way. I know that bloggers are often included.
Betsy Another way to - possibly- get this book is to try your luck in the GoodReads First Reads section. Click on the Explore icon above and it will show you another icon called Giveaways. There in a lottery type situation you can request a book. If you win it, you write a review. There's also a blurb on it about how many books are being given away and how many people are requesting it. So try your luck,it's worth it.
Ethnea Ferguson The copy of leaving time that I read included the short story Larger Than Life
Courtney People who have book review blogs will often be offered Advance copies, preview, etc. as well to read in exchange for reviews.
Bastoesser the book is available at our library and is already no. 1 on the fiction
bestseller list. So it is available. I don't know why the date is a month away.
Image for Leaving Time
by Jodi Picoult (Goodreads Author)