Jeje Reads
Jeje Reads asked:

Are you satisfied with the ending?

To answer questions about Ashes to Ashes, please sign up.
Tina The ending was the absolutely worst part of the series. The 'revenge' was disappointing at best - it seemed to me like the author wanted to make a point about peace but all she ended up doing was proving that the angry, hateful spirit can punish everyone else for the mistake they made and get away with it. Which is a real crappy point to make, if I may add.

Also, the whole Lil story did a 180 degree turn for no reason other than the shock effect and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. After the relationship between Reeve and Lil developed in the second book, and then continued like this in the third, I can't see how she'd ever choose Alex whom she'd never had feelings for, who she'd never even considered and who was just a minor character in all the other books really.

And about Kat, I don't even know what to say. She didn't have any real character development from the first book, and the relationship between her and Alex could really have worked out well which is why I'm kinda shocked the authors didn't take it anywhere.

And I still can't believe what happened to Reeve - he didn't deserve any of this. As if he hadn't suffered enough. This is why I wish I hadn't even read the last book, and just stopped after the second. Now the entire series are ruined for me.
Alwiyia
Mooeymoe ♡
Melissa
Elle
Stefanie M
Art Hell to the no. Just fucking no. I'm so infuriated right now I wanna burn this book into ashes. Shit I wasted my time reading the other two books with that crappy ending. The whole goddamn book is all about Lillia overbitching Rennie cause she actually turns out to be even worse than Rennie! She gets it on with Reeve all the goddamn time and then fuck, i'm actually in lurrv with Alex, like seriously? get over your fucking self Lillia. She's a manipulative bitch who acts all sweet and innocent but she's actually a wolf in sheep's clothing. The authors were so focused and biased with Lillia that they didn't fucking care for the other characters' lives. What Lillia wants, Lillia gets. Kat starts this whole thing and see what the authors did to her character- fucking benched dude. She should've been the dominant one in the whole entire series and not that stupid Lillia. I didn't even care about Mary. Because I'm fucking sick of the whole (bitter ghost thing I can't fucking be in peace without seeing Reeve suffer and diiiee)- what's worse is it was written half-heartedly since SPOTLIGHT:LILLIA duh. I mean, what's the sense of killing Rennie if Lillia doesn't fucking end up with Reeve right? Like, I totally felt bad for Ren cause she died for NOTHING. Everyone suffered in this book except Lillia because she manipulated everyone like the slythering snake that she is the entire series. This book ruined all chances of me getting hyped up with future books from these authors. Never again
Aishwarya L I absolutely agree with what 90% of the reviews here say..the ending sucked. Jenny and Siobhan, please come out with another version with a better ending.
Or at least another part in the series. Why does Lillia get a fairytale ending whereas Reeve and Kat had such a crappy end to their struggles ?
And don't get me started on the Lil-Reeve relationship ! Its like The Notebook, except that Allie doesn't choose Noah, she chooses the other guy.
Theodora Belle I was so *$%#@^& mad about this book, Jenny Han disappointed me. I feel like she does that all the time. Looking back at it, it was like, LILIA was in the spotlight, and the whole book revolved around her life. There was basically no character progression, Kat, Lilia, Reenie, and Mary get nothing! Unless going from alive to dead counts. Alex goes to the college he likes and tells his parents he's into music, Reeve, takes one for the team once.
It was all really annoying, it was like- I'm going to kill Reenie because she's in the way of Reeve and Lilia being together. Then, oh wait- there's more, they don't *$%#@^& end up together. I wanted to burn this book, but I did the more sensible thing and threw it at the wall. Mary dies, apparently she's been a ghost from the time she committed suicide. Oh and guess what- Cooky aunt Bett, isn't all that Cooky! If I knew this was a *$%#@^& supernatural book, I would have never picked it up. Lila's like oh no whatever will I do my best friend turn frenimy, hates me, then she dies and I'm sad now, so Reeve can condole me in her Reenie's mom's Kitchen. Ok, I feel bad for Lilia- she went through a lot, and not just with the whole revenge thing but with other stuff. But like, what about Kat. To put the icing on top of the cake, they kill her DAD for God knows what reason. But there's always more, because if there gonna make it bad, why stop there because since Reeve and Lilia aren't together, oh so perfect and amazing Lilia needs a boy by her side, Alex of course is that boy. Which ruins all my OTP's. So thank Jenny and other author who's name I cannot spell. I'm not going to bother looking it up because they ruined a whole series.
We can all tell Lilia was favored by the authors. Also- Jenny Han said it herself. So for those of you reading this save yourselves the pain and read a better YA book that isn't written by Jenny Han or the other author.
Belinda Nope. The entire trilogy was amazing, but the epilogue towards the last book had me going WTF =_____=
Lilia and Reeve went through so much together and all of sudden, she sees Alex in a different light? Alex had better chemistry with Kat, they had so much in common and I love their cute moments together. Mary was finally at peace and now the characters are just all over the place, instead of with each other.
Written&Read Not at ALL, unfortunately. The epilogue was written in summary, and it was rushed. It all felt anticlimactic, predictable, and rushed. Such a disappointment, because I liked the first book and loved the second, and I was hoping the third would be the best!
reвeccα
Laraib Khalid The ending was soo sad.But it was very realistic.
Sophie Stewart
Genni Eccles
Sabrina
Nicole Totally disappointed by the ending.
Melaniejsalyer The ending wrapped up a little too quickly after such a gripping tri-plot trilogy.
Annie
Cleo Kleová Not at all. It was so bad I had to write my own ending. You can read it in Czech on my blog. I'll leave the link below. (If you want to, I might translate it to EN.)

Vůbec ne. Bylo to tak špatné, že jsem musela napsat svůj vlastní konec. Můžete si ho přečíst česky na mém blogu. Dole nechám odkaz.

https://tohleanotohlene.wordpress.com...
Mariana
Becky
Sydney No! I wanted Lillia and Reeve to be together but I was so confused with the end. I don't know if Lillia got together with Alex and why didn't Reeve visit her in Boston or something? They had so much potential as a couple, they're clearly made for each other. I didn't understand the epilogue at all. I expected more from the ending.
Rachel
Byha I felt exactly the same after putting down that last book
Abi
Image for Ashes to Ashes
by Jenny Han (Goodreads Author)