Riki
Riki asked:

Is this a stand-alone, or part of a series?

To answer questions about The Unbound Man, please sign up.
Matt Karlov The book was originally conceived as a standalone, and that's still how it's structured. All of the primary conflicts are resolved by the book's end. That said, in the writing of the book it became clear that there was a larger story to tell with some of these characters -- enough, in fact, for two further books. As a result, several plot threads are left open at the end of the book, to be picked up by the remaining books in the trilogy.

As a reader, much as I love a good series, I really hate cliffhanger endings. I feel that if I've taken the time to read a novel then I deserve some closure by the end, even in a mid-series book. And anyone who reads one of my stories deserves that closure too -- so I always do my best to provide a satisfying ending to anything I write.
Image for The Unbound Man
by Matt Karlov (Goodreads Author)