Shirley
Shirley asked:

I've read this book and loved it! So this is a recommendation--I want to read it again. Do you have books or movies that you enjoy more than once? Some are comfort books and some you just want to get more from the story.That's how I feel about this book. Lifetime made a movie starring Sissy Spacek as the Midwife which was great, but the book is almost always better. Shirl

To answer questions about Midwives, please sign up.
Tessa I read this book at least 10 years ago, and didn't remember much about it. Then my Book Group chose it for our February 2021 read, so I reread it, and was glad I did. It's definitely intense, and a page-turner at times. I think it does reflect the concerns of the 1980's and 90's somewhat, but it was still a good book.
Debra I remember seeing the movie which was pretty heart-rending. I have just ordered the book from the Book Depository as I couldn't find a Kindle version so I anxiously await it's arrival.
Rima Karamyan Hi Shirley. I just started reading Midwives, but I greatly enjoyed the Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian! I highly recommend you read it if you haven't done so yet. It is one of those books that I can reread and enjoy several times! Rima
Image for Midwives
by Chris Bohjalian (Goodreads Author)