Sabrina Otzenberger

Is this a good book? Would it be a good series to get into?

To answer questions about Tiger's Curse, please sign up.
These Violent Delights (Robin) I thought it was awesome! Plus it is being made into a movie!
Tryna I really liked it.. Normally I do not read fantasy books, but I do like romance... This is combined with a little of everything, romance, fantasy, action, and even some history. Normally I hate anything but romance... I have only read one other series called dark elements which is what got me into fantasy (still not a big fan of it but I am getting there). However, I really enjoyed these books, now I am wondering if I should read the .5 book which is supposed to explain a lot... I already read tiger's curse, quest, voyage, and destiny. I think it would be a good idea to read it.
Gunsandroses LMAO NO!!! If you have any respect for Hindu and Indian culture, please do not goddamn read this muddy mess of a book. Thank you.
Kaitlyn Krupp you'll love it the first book will frustrate you but it's all for development of the characters the series became my favorite by far
Mahak YES! once you start reading you will most likely love it...
AUTUMN 8315 I'm not done yet but I'm in the middle it's sooo good...some people don't like it but I'm don't read books and my friend was like....READ IT...so I started it I love it
Elisa I think it's a great book but some people don't like it because of a character being really annoying, but in my opinion no book is a good book if I don't end up screaming at the main character for her to do something and when she actually does it scream I told you so.
Wendy Lopez You would love like I do .And if you like this you would be really into Splintered by A.G. Howard .
Shannon C. If you love action or fantasy or both, definitely read this. Fans of Twilight, books by Rick Riordan or Sarwat Chadda, or fans of Lisa McMann's series, The Unwanteds, get this book ASAP. I'm a huge fantasy fan and I love books that revolve around other cultures (American teens like me don't get out much :P) so I loved this series. The beginning of book 1 is a little slow, but not bad. Stick it out to get to the good stuff! I also reviewed the last book in this series with high regards, so I hope this helps you and you turn out liking this series as much as I did! :D
Ashley I have mixed feelings about this book. But if you want my input without spoilers, then keep reading.

The reasons I picked up this book was because 1- my friend obsesses over it. 2- I love white tigers, and yes, I judged it by the cover and 3- I love Indian culture. It's my dream to go to India someday.

So here's my reasonings on whether you may like it or not.

Firstly, it's obvious that this was a self-published book. And although the idea/concept behind the book was great, I wish she had had a proper editor. Some of the descriptions were waaaaaay too lengthy (i.e. Kelsey applying makeup, descriptions of rooms). It took me awhile to finish not because the story wasn't interesting (because it was) but it took a lot of time to get to point A to point B, to point C...

Secondly At first the main character (Kelsey) was great at first, halfway through I didn't like her. She became so juvenile, which is not what I want to read in a character. From the beginning she seems like a pretty independent, strong character ready for adventure, but then her reasonings behind a few things (which I won't spoil) are childish, insecure, and just downright annoying. Even Ren, who is the Edward-ish type that you're supposed to love, became just too desperate and needy. If you like guys like that, great! But if not, you liking for him will decrease. The brother Kishan is a likable character because he's different from his brother, but kind of a jerk all at once.

Umm…. the Indian mythology (Hindu I believe) was actually interesting.

Anyway, maybe reading the reviews will help. :)

Image for Tiger's Curse
by Colleen Houck (Goodreads Author)