Mary Hannigan
Mary Hannigan asked:

Obviously, this woman does not know her islamic history. The first Muslim was Khadijah, the first and true love of Mohammed. Mohammed is not considered the first Muslim because he already is the Prophet. What do ou think?

Peace My dear brothers and sisters, in my opinion, instead of picking out mistakes which does not even have any affect on the integrity of Islam, please think positively and try to appreciate the efforts of a non-muslim to present the righteousness of Islam during this phase of time when every one is picking and throwing absolutely wrong stuff about it. Even If you do find out any wrong translation, interpretation or presentation of Islam, still there are nicer ways to let her know (provided you are 100% sure about what you are saying with references) instead of using words like she does not know Islam or it's history. And BTW who can claim to know everything or more than some other person? Did anyone who are criticizing, tried to do research like Lesley Hazleton? Please pick and mention good things about people in your life, as that's what our noble Islam teaches us. I didn't mean to offend anyone but if I did, please forgive me. Thanks.
Dominic From the Quran - Translation Sahih International.

39:11 Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to worship Allah , [being] sincere to Him in religion.
39:12 And I have been commanded to be the first [among you] of the Muslims."

6:14 Say, "Is it other than Allah I should take as a protector, Creator of the heavens and the earth, while it is He who feeds and is not fed?" Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to be the first [among you] who submit [to Allah ] and [was commanded], 'Do not ever be of the polytheists.' "
Syd Hussain sometimes you dont have to take words literally... i am sure the author has done enough research to know that... the connotation behind the title simply points out the fact that Muhammad was the first to know about God's word as it was revealed to him, which he later passed on to his fellow arabs... thats the only context this title reeks and propagates...
Enauk London This Lady deserves the Noble Prize for taking her valuable time and going through the hardship of Research and presenting Prophet Mohammed as best as she could WITHOUT ANY type of prejudicesm in this Steriotype of world we see today.

Rather than us trying to become a Teacher to the Author about her Title of the Book, which she does not need it at this point, as I am sure she has done more research than any of us Muslim people and have Gone through many hardship , we simply need to read it to understand the relationship of the Title with it's context. As they say "do not Judge the book by its cover"

I also recomend everyone to listen to her media coverage on youtube about Islam and we must learn from her how to propegate True view of Islam to clear the Misconception about Islam that Media and West propegate today. The Auther tried to do that on Behalf of Islam, Prophet himself and us Muslim, being a Non Muslim, so we need to learn lesson from her.

The Author gave the Prophet the true respect and ampathy he deserve and Truly described Islam , especially addressing to the Islamophobics and Islamic so call Criminals/Fundamentalist who does not know Islam but brings shame to Islam.

She tried to clear this misconception. Not only she tried in this book but giving talks on various Media in front of big audiences.

May Allah lengthens her life and accept her good works as good Deeds.

Peace on you all
Razna Miah
Ahmed Y Khiari There are two ways to look at this:

1- There are many sayings suggesting the the Muhammadan Prophetic light was created before all, and in that regard, Muhammad was the first of God's creation to "submit" and be a Muslim.

2- Islam, as far as its spirit goes, is an ageless religion. It refers submission to the divine, and in that, we believe that the first man, Adam (PBUH) was the first Muslim.

Islam as a set of religious practices however, was started by Muhammad, and naturally, by being the Prophet of the religion he came to preach, makes him be default the first member of that religion.

Either way, the Quranic verse quoted by Dominic clearly bolsters the claim made by the book's title.
Vincent Hardy People who are claiming that Adam was the first Muslim: you are not wrong. However, you're missing the literal gist of Leslie's viewpoint. So, if we see Muslim as the ones who gives himself to God, then yes Adam is the first Muslim. But if we see Muslim as the ones who gives himself to God through Islam, then Prophet Muhammad is the first Muslim. Read Surah Al Maidah verse 3.
Merah Semangka The first moslem is Adam (peace be upon him), he is the first human who practice moslem (practice tawhid).
Kay Khadijah was Muhammad's wife. They practiced the Hanif religion. Muhammad was indeed the first muslim and prophet of Islam. Read the book!
Monya well, if you read the Qura'an, the followers of Jesus PBUH said that they are muslims too, so did Yousef PBUH, and Ibraheem PBUH. The religion since the beginning was and still is Islam, so the first Muslim is Adam as I believe? I'm not Sheik, but Allah gave us brains to think :) w Allah'O A3lam :)
P Lang the first muslim was not muhammad nor khadijah but prophet adam....and all other prophets who came after him, ending with p. muhammad, were ALL Muslims or submitters.....check it out if u don't buy this.
Image for The First Muslim
by Lesley Hazleton (Goodreads Author)