Alexis
Alexis asked:

Is this is as good as first?

To answer questions about Hollow City, please sign up.
Alicja Honestly I liked this one a little better than the first.
Victoria S. No. I enjoyed the first book very much. This one felt like a video game. The characters go from one place to another and face danger, repetitiously. And then the end is a non-end. For me it lacked the depth to be a satisfying read. Felt like I'd wasted my time rather than being transported like in the first book.
Sandy Albarado I enjoyed Hollow City more than the first one, which says a lot because I loved the first one.
Dean Ryan Martin It's not right to compare. Book 1 is all about introduction and character evolution of Jacob Portman. This Book 2 delivers a darker twisting plot and gives depth to all characters. Therefore, Book 2 can never stand alone without the support of the first book.
Christian Schultz It's clear that the first and the second were informed by the pictures the author found to construct the story. In the first, they were built around the pictures that his grandfather shared with him, as well as others he found elsewhere. In the second book, the pictures have no logical place in the story and, worse, it seems the author was writing around the photos rather than the photos supporting the plot. My opinion is that the second is nowhere as good or original as the first.
Christina I thought it was a little less suspenseful, but other than that, it's a splendid read.
Sujata Chaudhury I like the second book better than the first one.
Morgan I liked the first one better.
Madtwinsis I liked it much more than the first one but that's probably because I had high expectations of the first... After reading that one, my expectations were adjusted, hence liking the second book more than the first...
I found the second one more complex, where the first one lacked a bit depth for me...
Emy I liked this book better than the first, it was so full of action
Dean Julian better. you'll get to know more of the old characters and get to introduced to new peculiars. More of Emma and Jacob and tons of action.
S Bell I thought it was even better, I enjoyed all three and read them inside 2 weeks, I don't know whether I could have coped with waiting!
Collin No, not as good and they get worse. The 4th and 5th are horrible.
Ted Kendall I thought, as is typical for fantasy series like this, it wasn't quite as good as the first. But it is still pretty engaging and good. I will say this sophomore title felt a bit like the author got a bit tired towards the end. Again, though, to say it is not as good as the first doesn't mean it isn't an enjoyable read.
Ady A It is a little less suspenseful than the first book and it is basically just the children traveling to different loops.
Robert Murphy I liked the second, not sure if more or less than the first, but in either case they were both good. I will say that the ending of the second was a bit weak. As I was reading it I pretty much guessed at each turn what was about to happen. The ending seemed a bit telegraphed and maybe a tad rushed...
Tammy N I liked the second - perhaps slightly less than the 1st but , currently waiting on the final book to arrive. I think the photos are what really puts these books over the top for me - wish there were more.
Image for Hollow City