Leanne
Leanne asked Myndi Shafer:

I don't know if this has been asked but! Where do your ideas come from? How can we, your fans become a character in your books! Shrilugh saga especially.

Myndi Shafer Great questions, and nope, not asked yet. :)

The inspiration for the Shrilugh books came from an old silo that was on the edge of the farm I grew up on. There was a ladder that went up the side of it, and extended over the top of the bricks, where the dome should have been (it'd long since crumbled away). As a kid, it always looked like a door to me, and I spent a lot of time daydreaming about where that door went. One day (I think it was the year I turned thirty) I decided to write about it. What I found on the other side of the door was completely lovely and unexpected. Do you know, I discovered the Shrilugh trees for the first time alongside Aydan? That was a really neat writing moment.

HH1+2 came about because Johanna was a pesky character in my head that wouldn't shut up and wouldn't go away. :) She really wanted her story to be written, and was hella stubborn about it.

I sound a little schizophrenic. Thankfully, I'm not the only writer in the world who operates this way, so I do think it's a sort of normal. Maybe not the most normal type of normal, but normal enough that I can tell myself my brain isn't broken. *snort*

As for the becoming-a-character-in-my-books thing, I hadn't actually thought about that before! Maybe I'll have to do a contest around something like that. I'll chew on it and get back to y'all on that.