Pinkpixie8
Pinkpixie8 asked:

hello I would like to know any quotes from what Katy did ;short but interesting thank you very much.

To answer questions about What Katy Did, please sign up.
Irene Sometimes there isn't anything to make the best of," remarked Katy, dolefully. "Yes there is, always! Everything in the world has two handles. Didn't you know that? One is a smooth handle. If you take hold of it, the thing comes up lightly and easily, but if you seize the rough handle, it hurts your hand and the thing is hard to lift. Some people always manage to get hold of the wrong handle." "Is Aunt Izzie a 'thing?'" asked Katy. Cousin Helen was glad to hear her laugh. "Yes--Aunt Izzie is a thing--and she has a nice pleasant handle too, if you just try to find it. And the children are 'things,' also, in one sense. All their handles are different. You know human beings aren't made just alike, like red flower-pots. We have to feel and guess before we can make out just how other people go, and how we ought to take hold of them. It is very interesting, I advise you to try it. And while you are trying, you will learn all sorts of things which will help you to help others.

A lesson there for everyone...
Dania I'm pretty sure that this quote does not originally came from What Katy Did but I actually learned the phrase "Roses are red, violets are blue. Sugar is sweet, and so are you" for the first time from the book when I was little. When Katy was distributing notes (if I'm not mistaken) for her siblings (if I'm not mistaken again!) she wrote that for herself to avoid suspicions from them :)
Image for What Katy Did