Mkyah Williams

what is it about?

To answer questions about Criss Cross, please sign up.
Shaleh It's about the dynamics of friendship when you are growing up, and how easy it is to accidentally miss someone because you were in the wrong place.

It's almost philosophical, but I found it very easy to read. It draws you in with a summer breeze, and at the end, you are left feeling wistful. The chapters do diverge onto strange paths, but it keeps things interesting.
Maureen Neville I found this book hard to get into for about the first half of the book -- the narrative moves from character to character sometimes right in the same chapter and this was somewhat disorienting.

The story finally picked up about 1/2 way and situations became more interesting. I agree it was philosophical and also psychological as you are aware of what the central characters are always thinking.

I believe it takes place in an earlier time (early to mid 1970s perhaps). The story is supposed to depict to some extent what it is like growing up in a small town and in many small towns there is often not a lot to do.
Claire NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!
Emerson Lloyd It is about aoup of teenagers. It is a very hard book to get into, though.
Image for Criss Cross