jeniwren
jeniwren asked:

If I didn't like The Slap......will I feel the same way about Barracuda?

To answer questions about Barracuda, please sign up.
Jen Mactaggart I found the characters clichéd and caricatured - obsessed athlete, distant father, posh kids at private school etc. I enjoyed reading it but it felt very familiar and not terribly original.
Stephanie Likely not. I didn't enjoy reading The Slap, and though I admired some things about it I wasn't convinced by it. But I loved Barracuda.
Alex Hi Jeniwren. I think you can. I liked The Slap but could certainly understand why it was a polarising experience. I loved Barracuda and think it is a far superior book. Like all Tsolkas, it's in your face but there are some really likeable characters, unlike The Slap. Hope you enjoy it as it is a great character study as well as a treatise on our obsession with sport.
Vicky No, I don't think so. I just read this with my book club and most of them hated The Slap but all loved or at least liked Barracuda. I wouldn't avoid this just because you didn't like The Slap
Image for Barracuda