Reving
Reving asked:

Did anyone have a lot of trouble with the black rabbit being scary and the white rabbit being all innocent and cute? I don't think I could use this one. Did anyone find that to be true?

To answer questions about The Black Rabbit, please sign up.
Emma M. I think you might be reading a little too much into this. The black rabbit is scary because it is the little rabbit's shadow and the rabbit hasn't seen or been aware of his shadow before. I'm not really sure how one would accurately describe their own shadow without describing it as black.
Jodi That's the first thing I thought when I saw the preview of it. Call me too culturally sensitive, but I think it's a bad message to be sending.
Laurie M. I am not comfortable with this book either. I do not like the message for young children. I would not read it in my preschool class and would not recommend it for a reading assignment in my college class either. Even if I am reading too much into it, I do not think it is culturally sensitive.
ayaat I don't think so.
Image for The Black Rabbit