Katelyn
Katelyn asked:

Curious how this stacks up against Jonathan Stroud's "The Screaming Staircase" from last year? The synopses sound awfully similar.

To answer questions about Jackaby, please sign up.
Clover Ooi As a reader who likes both books i actually find them quite different but i can see how a person who likes one of them would like the other. I find Jackaby's story to be more simplistic and light hearted in some ways. The character Jackaby is quite socially awkward in a funny way. Where as in Lockwood & Co. the overall vibe is more spooky and creepy. The humour focus a lot on sarcasm. The character Lockwood is quite charming and better at social interaction. The similarities in both books are the crime/mystery solving themes and are both set in a paranormal world. However, Lockwood & Co. only focus on ghost n Jackaby focus more on folklore/mythical creatures. I hope this helps. :)
Michele Surprisingly similar.
Mary I agree! I think Stroud is a shade better, but this is an engaging story that should appeal to young readers who enjoyed "The Screaming Staircase". I'm liking it so far!
marisa inez I'm not very far into it, but it is similar. This one deals more with fairies. And the characters are differnt, same with the setting. It is very similar, and I enjoyed them both equally, so if you liked Screaming Staircase i'd give this a shot :)
Image for Jackaby
by William Ritter (Goodreads Author)