Sharona
Sharona asked:

This book started out really, really strange and lost my interest? Does it get any more concrete?

To answer questions about The Book Thief, please sign up.
Debbie Bryant Don't give up on this book. Originally I gave up, I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters where Death the narrator is harping on about colours.
I went back to it and once the story starts it is unputdownable.
Please give it another go
Taylor Ya, you'll get into Liesl's point of view soon and it stays like that for the majority of the book.
Skyla I almost gave up, but once you get past Death's ranting it is an amazing book.
Eve I liked death's chapters the most, but I do think that Liesl's chapters were a bit lacking and too episodic. I really can't tell if it payed off for me in the end.
HaveSomeShawarma I gave up too. And then I jumped back in and it started making more sense. It definitely gets more concrete, until the end. But at the end you have a sense of what's going on so the weirdness is in context, at least. And anyway, it's worth it.
Image for The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak (Goodreads Author)