Brenda Brewer
Brenda Brewer asked:

Been trudging through and it's FINALLY getting interesting after 100 pages...

To answer questions about The City, please sign up.
Randy I found the first 100 pages very interesting. Koonts' lyrical prose and descriptive stage setting were very interesting to me. Some readers complain about the depth of musical references. I found myself referencing my favorite search engine to gather details. The references are extremely accurate, the music of the artist mentioned is phenomenal and I find they add significant depth to the novel.
Mary How funny for that very reason I loved the book but I love music. Yes, at the end I was a bit of a mess too. lol
Brenda Brewer this book was painful to stick with because the character development took soooo long and there were so many details in the musicians and songs he kept talking about that were distracting...but when the plot finally started gelling i rally cared about the 2 main characters and there relationship and i actually cried on the subway. i'm glad it's over though. :)
Image for The City
by Dean Koontz (Goodreads Author)