Bea LaRocca
Bea LaRocca asked:

Okay Readers! Here's a question for you. Do you think that Worth Waiting For works as a stand-alone? This is of course for those who haven't read the first two books in the series...

To answer questions about Worth Waiting For, please sign up.
Bea LaRocca I had mentioned in a post here that I feel that the stories work better read in sequence although I tried to include little snippets of backstory here and there just in case the reader hadn't seen the other stories. However I didn't want that to become tedious for myself or for you, the reader. So far, no one has commented here but I'll offer you perspectives from two separate reviewers:

Joyfully Jay's Michelle: This book is the third book in LaRocca’s Dare to Dream series, with the first two being M/F. Worth Waiting For is billed as a standalone and I have mixed feelings on whether or not it truly is. From the perspective of Nick and Marcus, it can be a read on its own, even though they initially met in a previous book. There is enough of a background on their initial meeting to catch us up. There is time dedicated to the discussion of Nick’s childhood and it is not clear if this was dealt with in another book and truly what the intention is with the pieces we do get here. My main issue is with the cast of secondary characters. Many of the main characters from the previous books are present and Marcus has an intense bond with them. The connection is enough and the characters are present enough that I was definitely missing out on the previous interactions that got them to the place they are now. There is also significant catching up on the lives of those characters about whom I had no prior knowledge.

Hearts on Fire's Lucy: I should add that while this is part of a series, I hadn’t read the previous books and I didn’t find I needed to. This is a standalone that works just as it is.

I'd still like everyone else to weigh in if you would please. Thanks!
Image for Worth Waiting For
by Bea LaRocca (Goodreads Author)