Ami
Ami asked:

Are there any other current writers that tell their stories with such unusual narrative structure?

To answer questions about Cloud Atlas, please sign up.
Peterh David Mitchell himself admits that the structure of Cloud Atlas was inspired by Italo Calvino's "If On A Winter's Night, A Traveler." Calvino isn't technically a current writer (he died in 1985), but if you liked Cloud Atlas, I'd strongly recommend him anyway.
Mihai You can try Hopscotch by Julio Cortázar.
Alex Some good suggestions here, and I'd also recommend Jennifer Egan's Visit from the Goon Squad (2010).
Bojan Dzodan Milorad Pavic. Almost all his book are very unusuall, and really amazing. For example, Dictionary of the Khazars. This masterpiece is written like dictionary.
Christian The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson has a similar, "stacked" storyline.
Adam I will second all of Calvino, Danielewski, and Valente.

Perhaps the most interesting book I've read like this, however, is the novel The Dodecahedron: or a Frame for Frames by Paul Glennon. It consists of twelve stories that each refer to and connect with other stories in the collection. What is perhaps most notable about it, however, is that because of the geometry of the relationships between stories, there are many different ways to read the book. Depending on the order of the chapters, different pieces of different stories become real or dream or fiction, viewed from different realities.
Rosie You could try Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. It has to do with many versions of the same girl's life.
Caitlin Try Marcus Sedgwick's Midwinterblood.
Aquilegia The End of Days - Jenny Erpenbeck. Jenny Erpenbeck. Five possible parts of the life that the young main character might have had if she had got a handful of snow when she was a baby. Five times the story REstarts at the moment the last episode ended. In this way parts of the 20th century in Eastern Europe are told. - ( I didn't start reading Cloud Atlas yet)

And a example in a far 'lighter' genre: The Lilac bus - Maeve Binchy: each traveler in the Friday night bus tells about the same episode in the village from his or her own perspective.
Dzung Nguyen I think 'Speak' by Louisa Hall feels pretty similar. Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
Gavin Jones More recently, there's The Incarnations by Susan Barker. I actually read that before Cloud Atlas, and went to Cloud Atlas after seeing people make the comparisons.

They're very different books, but the comparisons in style are justified I think - a collection of linked short stories taking place over a long period of time.
Boy Blue There's very few options for 6 cascading endings all tying into each other. There are a few options for similar structures though, unfortunately not all of them are current.

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton will give you the plot twist component, though the writing is more dense and the world is very real and just a small part of New Zealand. If you liked Adam Ewing's story then this is your best option.

Italo Calvino's If On A Winter's Night A Traveller is probably the most similar in style to Cloud Atlas. Though it's structure is different, the concept of stories within stories and how they affect each other is very strongly felt. The story being told also affects the writing style like in Cloud Atlas.

Hyperion by Dan Simmons is a sci-fi which is similar in having six stories, though it's more like Canterbury tales, the stories all come together at the end. Word of warning, you'll probably have to read the next one in the trilogy to get a good ending for the first book. If you like the Somni section in Cloud Atlas, this is your best option.

Another book you could try is Murakami's the Wind-up Bird Chronicle, which to me is very similar in it's quirky style. It is a more linear narrative but the surreal elements are equally pervasive. There are no real correlatives from Mitchell's stories because Murakami's writing style is quite different.

House of Leaves isn't as easy to read but is an equally experimental narrative structure. It's also much darker.

Lastly and most obviously your best option is Mitchell's own work. Ghostwritten and The Bone Clocks are very similar in many ways. Though The Bone Clocks is heading down a particular surreal story spanning all his works. Ghostwritten was written before Cloud Atlas and you'll feel that's the most similar, it's almost like he's practising for Cloud Atlas. Again if you liked Adam Ewing's tale you could try The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet which is the most real of Mitchell's work other than Black Swan Green.
Kate Catherynne Valente's Orphan's Tales epic has a similar structure, though the genre is quite different (more folklore-fairy tale).
Jen Haruki Murakami is an amazing author, you never know what you will end up with in one of his books. Unusual storylines, try "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World: A Novel."
Sarah Wojcik Not "current" but this book has so far really reminded me of the sci-fi novel Hyperion by Dan Simmons.

I'm still in the midst of Cloud Atlas, so I'm not sure where I'm going to end up, but the various chapters told through a different mode (a la Canterbury Tales) immediately brought Hyperion to mind -- though that book is far more clear about the center storyline that runs through the vignettes.
olga-maria try Eleanor Catton.
Louise Maybe this doesn't count but Jorge Luis Borges usually has that sort of circular narrative structure. But because I'm most familiar with his short stories and they don't nest in each other as explicitly as Mitchell's, that may not be what you're looking for.
Image for Cloud Atlas