Octobercountry

Why did someone give this a poor rating when it hasn't even been released yet? Come to think of it, why does Goodreads allow books that haven't been published to be rated in the first place?

To answer questions about Heat Trap, please sign up.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library) That's a fair question, but there are bloggers and other early readers who get some books months before the release. It's impossible to know the difference between an informed rating and a plain mean one.
Arch Bala Goodreads should really do something about this. It's friggin' unfair for the author most importantly. Tsk!
Susy I know. I hate that. How are we supposed to know how a book is truly rated if people are rating without reading a book first.
Karla Exactly! Because it plants a little seed on the back of my head about the low rating even if I try to decide & gauge how interested I would be in reading the book. It really is not fair for the author & the readers because we can miss out on a great book otherwise.
Image for Heat Trap
by J.L. Merrow (Goodreads Author)